This policy applies with respect to users of www.football-dataco.com (the “DataCo Website”).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Football DataCo Limited of 30 Gloucester Place, London, W1U 8PL.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this policy sets out the basis on which we will deal with any such personal data as is referred to above.
Information we may process
If you are a photographer, journalist, technician or other individual whose personal data have been or are being used for the purposes of applying for and/or receiving: (i) professional accreditation to attend Premier League or EFL matches (“Accreditation”); or (ii) authorisation for access to specific Premier League or EFL stadia to fulfil a particular function (“Authorisation for Access”) we may receive and process the following data about you:
• Your job/role;
• Employer or, for freelancers, entities that engage you;
• Employer’s address;
• Email address;
• Employer’s phone number;
• UK Press, AIPS UK and/or Premier League/EFL Photo ID card holder reference number; and/or
• Other related details such as requests to attend matches; attendance records; communications with clubs; photographer bib numbers etc.
If you are using the DataCo Website for any other reason the only information we may receive and/or process about you is anything you provide to us by email, social media, telephone, letter or other form of communication.
Uses made of the information
If you are applying for Accreditation or Authorisation for Access we may use information held about you in the following ways:
• To enable you to be considered for, and potentially to receive, Accreditation or Authorisation for Access;
• To provide you with information or updates regarding Accreditation, Authorisations for Access, applications for the same or the internet press booking system operated by DataCo to facilitate those processes (“i-PBS”);
• To administer the Accreditation and Authorisation for Access processes and i-PBS itself, as well as for any related disciplinary purposes;
• For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical purposes; and
• To assist third parties with security and crime detection and prevention efforts.
If you are using the DataCo Website for any other reason we will only use the information that you provide to us to assist with any queries you may have.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with third parties, namely:
• The clubs and stadia owners responsible for considering and approving or disapproving applications for Authorisation for Access;
• The Football Association Premier League Limited, The Football League Limited and other footballing bodies;
• Our third party database system supplier, Oppsport Software Limited; and
• The police and other law enforcement, security or similar bodies or agencies, both within and outside the UK, provided we receive evidence we deem sufficient to justify such disclosure.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or the terms and conditions of any agreement we enter into.
Where we store your personal data
We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access to your data.
We will not process your personal data for marketing purposes, although we, the clubs or leagues referred to above may for example share press releases that we or they deem relevant to the general media situation.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to help meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you have any questions on this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.